- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (5 oz.) package Olivia's Organics Baby Spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup flour - plus more as needed for dusting
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of prepared tomato sauce - warmed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil - chopped
- Place ricotta in a strainer over a bowl and drain liquid for approximately 1 hour.
- In a saucepan of boiling water, add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and cool. Once cooled, squeeze out all the liquid and place the spinach in a large bowl. Stir in the ricotta cheese, eggs, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, flour, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Mix well to combine.
- Using floured hands, take one tablespoon of the mixture and form into a small log shape. Roll the log in flour and place on a sheet pan. Continue until all the gnudi are formed and place into the freezer for one hour.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Remove the gnudi from the freezer and add to the boiling water, making sure not to overcrowd. Cook the gnudi until they float to the top, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove using a slotted spoon and place on a platter with tomato sauce. Top with basil.