- 2 oz. raw pecan halves
- ½ lemon
- 2 oz. dried cranberries (small handful chopped)
- 1 Anjou pear (quartered, cored and sliced crosswise)
- 2 oz. Gorgonzola cheese (thinly sliced)
- 1 (5 oz.) package of Olivia's Organics Baby Spinach
Dressing (adjust to taste):
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 clove minced or crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of Grey Poupon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Toast the pecans in a dry skillet for a few minutes, being careful not to burn. Set aside to cool.
- Squeeze half a lemon into a salad bowl, seeds removed.
- Add to the bowl the cranberries, sliced pears, cooled pecans, Gorgonzola cheese and spinach.
- Just before serving, toss the salad gently with the dressing.
Tips from Chuck:
Freeze the Gorgonzola so it can be easily sliced thin before adding to the salad.
All ingredients are approximate and should be adjusted to your personal taste!