- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 3 cups Olivia’s Organics Butternut Squash - diced
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 (28 oz.) can fire roasted ground tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups Olivia’s Organics Baby Kale - chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans - drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans - drained
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy pot. Add the onion and sauté for approximately 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute. Add the butternut squash and continue cooking for 8 minutes. Add the ground turkey breast, chili powder and cumin, breaking up the meat and stirring and cooking until browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer, partly covered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and beans and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.