Vegan Carrot Cake Kale Cookies
2 dozen cookies.
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 large carrot, grated (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 cup Olivia’s Organics Baby Kale – chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix together banana, carrot, almond butter and sugar until creamy and homogenous.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and ginger.
- Stir the dry mixture into the banana mixture, mixing just until everything is incorporated. Then mix in the kale and raisins until evenly distributed, being careful not to overmix.
- Using a spoon, drop about a tablespoon of cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Leave about an inch between each cookie as the cookies will spread. Refrigerate cookies for at least an hour (up to overnight) until dough has firmed up and is no longer sticky. Bake for 15-17 minutes at 350 F until golden brown and chewy-tender. The recipe should yield approximately 24 2” cookies.