- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 onions - peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 carrots - peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 Olivia’s Organics celery stalks - coarsely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves - smashed and peeled
- 4 quarts cold water
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 parsley stems
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and add vegetables. Cook, stirring regularly, for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the water, thyme, bay leaves, parley and peppercorns. Cover and bring to a boil, skim off foam. Lower to a simmer and continue to cook for 60-90 minutes partially covered.
- Strain through a mesh strainer and discard everything except the broth.