- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup Hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup sweet onion - diced
- 1/2 red pepper - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 large egg - slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley - chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Handful of Olivia's Organics Arugula
- Whole wheat rolls or sweet potato 'buns'
- Combine the first 7 ingredients together without over mixing. Shape into patties, place on a sheet pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large sauté pan with olive oil and cook burgers on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, and until turkey is cooked through. Don't overcrowd the pan, cook in batches if needed.
- Serve on whole wheat rolls topped with arugula and grainy mustard. For a little extra decadence, add feta cheese and mixed chopped olives.
- To make sweet potato buns: wash and peel a large round sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch slices (2 per burger), rub with olive oil and season with salt & pepper, cook in the same pan as you cooked the burgers, for 3 to 4 minutes per side.