- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4 slices low sodium turkey bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion - chopped
- 2 packed cups Olivia’s Organics Baby Kale - chopped
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes and pierce in a few places with a fork. Bake the potatoes 40 minutes or until tender to touch.
- In the meantime, in a sauté pan, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from pan, let cool, and crumble or chop. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to the same pan. Add the onion and kale and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Halve the baked potatoes lengthwise and scoop out 3/4 of the flesh from each half into a large bowl. Mash the sweet potato and mix with the kale, onion, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Stuff the potato halves with the mixture and return to oven for 10 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.