- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot - minced
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 4 packed cups Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach – chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers - chopped
- 2 ounces garlic and herb goat cheese (or plain)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg - whisked
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 30 mini filo dough shells
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan. Add the shallot and garlic, and cook 1 minute. Stir in the flour and slowly add the half & half. Stirring well to combine. Begin adding the spinach in, a little at a time, until it’s all wilted. Stir in the peppers, goat cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and slightly cool.
- Once cooled, stir the egg and Parmesan cheese into the spinach mixture. Combine all ingredients well.
- Place filo shells on a sheet pan and fill with spinach mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.