- 3 russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion - diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (1 teaspoon if using dried)
- 1 (5oz.) package of Olivia's Organics Baby Kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Peel and cut potatoes into a one-inch dice. Place in a pot and cover with water two inches over potatoes. Boil for approximately 20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain off the water, add the Romano cheese and mash. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes. Add the kale and thyme and continue cooking until the kale is wilted, approximately 5 minutes. Add the kale and onions to the mashed potatoes and combine well.
- Clean the sauté pan and add the remaining olive oil. Heat pan on medium.
- Roll the potato mixture into two-inch balls and slightly flatten. Place in the heated pan, making sure not to crowd. Cook for approximately 5 minutes each side, working in batches as needed.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and a touch of paprika just before serving.