- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion – diced small
- 2 carrots - peeled and diced small
- 2 stalks celery – diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup green beans - cut small
- 2 potatoes - peeled and diced small
- 1 small zucchini - cut small
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes - chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups Olivia's Organics Baby Kale
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper - when serving
- In a large pot, heat oil and add the onion, carrots and celery cooking for approximately 5 to 7 minutes until the vegetables begin to brown, making a Sofrito (an aromatic base for the soup).
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, salt and add the next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the kale and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the pepper when serving along with a nice crusty bread.