- 1 (11oz) package Olivia’s baby spinach
- 5 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 cup Italian style seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 scallions - finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter - melted
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large tomato slices - sliced thick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute spinach in a little olive oil for 2 minutes. When cooled, squeeze out liquid and chop.
- Cook bacon until crisp, and when cool enough to handle, crumble.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked spinach, bacon crumbles, panko, bread crumbs, scallions, eggs, melted butter and Parmesan cheese. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the tomato slices in a lightly oiled 13x9 baking dish.
- Generously top each tomato slice with the spinach mixture, covering the entire surface.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.