- 1 (28oz) can fire roasted crushed tomatoes (I prefer Muir Glen Organic canned tomatoes)
1 (28oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes - drained
3 cloves garlic - minced
1 tablespoon fresh basil - chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
1 teaspoon fresh oregano - chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 (32oz) container part skim ricotta
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (5oz) package of Olivia's Organics Baby Spinach – rough chopped
4 ounces Portobello mushrooms - chopped
1 red bell pepper - diced
1 medium zucchini - diced
1 (12-13oz) package of brown rice lasagna noodles (I used Tinkyada Rice pasta)
- In a large bowl, combine both cans of tomatoes, garlic, and all the seasonings.
- In a second bowl, combine and mix well the ricotta, eggs and 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella.
- In a third bowl, combine all the vegetables. (add more greens and any other vegetable you like).
- Begin by covering the bottom of the crockpot with a cup of sauce. Then add a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles, making sure to break up the pieces in order to fit the pan and cover the sauce. Next add a layer of the cheese mixture. Finally, add a layer of veggies and top with sauce.
- Repeat: Add a second layer of each starting with lasagna noodles. Top the second layer with lasagna noodles and cover with remaining sauce.
- Set crockpot on high and cook for 3 hours.
- In the last 5 minutes, sprinkle on the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella. Let sit for 15 minutes and serve.