- 3 cups Olivia's Organics Butternut Squash - roasted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 package Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the squash into 1 inch cubes, toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast on a sheet pan for 30 minutes until tender, turning once. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Decrease oven temp to 350 degrees F.
- Add the cooled squash and next 7 ingredients to a blender and lightly purée (the 1 tbsp of flour will help thicken the puree).
- Roll out both pie crusts and cut out 2 inch circles. (A jar cover dipped in flour works great).
- Lightly spray a mini muffin pan and press a cut circle into each cup. Fill each cup with the butternut squash mixture and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the crust begins to brown.
- Top tarts with chopped nuts and cool. Recipe yields 20 to 24 mini tarts.