- 3 cups shredded butternut squash
- 1⁄2 cup onion, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- Place a baking sheet in the oven, and preheat to 450 degrees.
- Shred squash and onion using a cheese grater, and place on a layer of paper towels.
- Cover with another layer of paper towels, and press down firmly to remove all excess moisture.
- Repeat until squash and onion shreds are as dry as possible.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine squash, onion, egg substitute, flour, and salt. Mix well.
- Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and cover sheet evenly with olive oil spray.
- Spoon squash mixture onto the sheet in 12 evenly spaced mounds. Using the back of a spoon, flatten and spread each mound into a circle about 3 inches wide.
- Carefully (It's still hot!) return pan to the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Coat the top of the latkes with another spray of olive oil. Gently flip with a spatula, and return to the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until both sides of latkes are crispy.