- 2 whole red beets
- 3 cups of Olivia’s Organics Baby Arugula
- 1 large orange - peeled and sectioned, or sliced in rounds
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 small onion grated
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Wash beets well and place on a large piece of tinfoil. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Fold up the foil to make a pouch, then place on a sheet pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes. (make extra for prepped-ahead beets for a weeknight meal). Set aside to cool when cooked.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Chop or slice the cooled beets and add them together with the remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve. You can also drizzle the leftover oil from beet packet!