- 1 (11 oz.) package Olivia’s Organics Baby Sauté Blend
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts – toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese – freshly grated
- Using a food processor with the chopping blade in place, add the baby greens, garlic, pine nuts, salt and pepper, and pulse until all leaves are finely chopped. With machine still running, add lemon juice and slowly add extra virgin olive oil.
- Remove to bowl and stir in Parmesan cheese and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Pesto can be stored under refrigeration for a week; it can also be frozen in an ice cube tray for later use. Once the cubes of pesto are frozen, remove from tray, place in a sealed plastic bag and return to freezer. Take out cubes as needed and heat.
- For a pesto pasta dinner, boil 1 pound of pasta until al dente, drain and return to pan. Add half the recipe of pesto and toss over low heat until pesto is warm (do not overheat). Sautéed chicken or shrimp may also be added to the dish.