- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts- cleaned and quartered
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 3 thick slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- 1 (5oz.) package of Olivia's Organics Baby Butter Lettuce
- 1/2 cup almonds - toasted and chopped
- 2 scallions - sliced thin
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the quartered Brussel sprouts with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast on a sheet pan for 20 minutes, until golden and tender.
- In a sauté pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Crumble when cooled.
- To make the dressing: In the same pan on low heat, add the red wine vinegar and Dijon to the bacon drippings. Whisk together and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Arrange the baby butter lettuce on a platter or bowl and top with the bacon, brussel sprouts, almonds, scallions and cranberries. Drizzle on the warm dressing. Toss lightly and serve immediately.