- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic - minced
- 1 (5 oz.) package Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Flour - as needed
- 1 cup feta cheese - crumbled
- Remove 1 sheet of puff pastry and thaw according to the package directions, keeping it in the fridge until needed.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil and add the onion. Cook for approximately 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the spinach, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the spinach is wilted. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a floured surface, slightly roll out the puff pastry (use additional flour over the top as needed). Cut the pastry into 12 squares - approx 3 inches each.
- Cover the top of each square with the spinach mixture. Place the tarts on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven, top each tart with the crumbled feta and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until feta melts. (You can get creative and pull up the pastry corners into the center of the square or leave flat. If you pull up the corners, add the feta before placing into the oven.)