- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package Olivia’s Organics leeks – sliced
- 2 carrots - peeled and diced
- 2 Olivia’s Organics celery stalks - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 large chicken breast - cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and add the leeks, carrots, and celery. Sauté 4 to 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for another minute. Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add the chicken, and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the orzo and cook for an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Serve with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.