Yields approx. 4 - 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 1 poblano pepper - chopped
- 2 carrots - peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 quart low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans - rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Olivia’s Organics Baby Kale - chopped
- Chopped avocado (for serving, optional)
- In a large pot, heat oil and sauté onion, poblano pepper, carrots and garlic for 5 minutes. Add in broth, diced tomatoes, crushed red pepper, cumin, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the beans and kale and continue cooking for approximately 5 minutes.
- To serve, fill bowls and top with avocado.