Yields approx. 4 - 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can ground tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen tortellini (cheese or meat)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or half & half)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (5 oz.) package of Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach - chopped
- Salt & pepper - to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes – optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves - chopped
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil, add the onion and sauté for approximately 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute. Stir in the ground tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to avoid burning the tomatoes.
- Once boiled, add in the tortellini. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and Parmesan cheese. Add in the spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper, stir in the red pepper flakes (if desired) and add in the basil to finish.