- 8 ounces Olivia's Organics Butternut Squash - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup kale pesto (* see recipe below)
- 1 pound pasta (any type)
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
*Kale Pesto recipe
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts
- 2 packed cups Olivia's Organics Baby Kale
- 2 garlic cloves - chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Directions: Add walnuts to a dry sauté pan and cook on low heat for a few minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Add the first 5 ingredients into a blender and combine. Add oil and blend until you get a good consistency. Pour into a jar or bowl and stir in Parmesan cheese. Keep refrigerated for up to 1 week. Or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butternut squash on a sheet pan, toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, kale pesto and butternut squash. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy.