- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion – diced
- 4 carrots - diced
- 3 stalks Olivia’s Organics celery - diced
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups dried split peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 ham bone (optional)
- 2 large handfuls of Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach – chopped (Power Blend, Saute Blend, Baby Kale)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion, carrots, celery and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add all other ingredients with the exception of the spinach. Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Remove bone and bay leaf. Blend the soup using an immersion blender.
- Clean the ham off of the bone and add it into the soup along with the spinach (greens). Stir to combine. If the soup is too thick, add additional water.