- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic - minced
- 1 pound sausage – casing removed or chopped small
- 1 (5oz) package of Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Flour – to roll out the dough
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 large egg - beaten
- Heat a large sauté pan with olive oil on medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sausage and cook until browned. Add the spinach and continue cooking until wilted. Raise the heat and cook for a couple minutes to remove any moisture. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Remove from heat to cool. Once cooled, mix in both cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread the flour onto a clean surface and, using more flour as needed, roll out the dough in to a large circle. Move the dough around to ensure it is not sticking to the surface.
- Top the dough with the sausage and cheese mixture, leaving an inch border along the edge. Carefully roll up the dough in to a log and tightly close the sides by pinching. Place the calzone on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and brush the dough with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until browned. Slightly cool, slice, and enjoy.