- 1 pound brown rice pasta (or your favorite)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 1/2 cups 1% milk
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese - shredded
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese - shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (5 oz.) package of Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach - chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook pasta accordingly to package directions for al dente (it should not be cooked through).
- In a large pot, melt the butter and stir in the flour. Continue to stir and cook until it begins to slightly change color. Slowly stir in the milk and continue stirring until a sauce begins to form and thicken. Season with salt and pepper and stir in both cheeses, paprika, onion and garlic powders. Once the cheese is melted, stir in the chopped spinach and the al dente pasta. Mix all together well.
- Pour the mac n cheese into a large, lightly buttered casserole dish. Top with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned.