- 1 (3 lb.) spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup skim milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 packed cups Olivia’s Organics Baby Kale
- 1 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- Butter – for baking dish
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds with a spoon, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 1 hour or until soft to the touch. Remove from oven and scrape the squash flesh with a fork to create the spaghetti strands.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and continue to stir until the flour begins to lightly brown. Stir in the milk, and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Continue stirring until it begins to thicken into a sauce.
- Gently toss together the spaghetti squash, baby kale, white sauce and cheese. Place into a buttered baking dish and bake at 350° F for 20 minutes.