- 16 breakfast turkey sausage links - cooked according to package directions and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion - diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes - chopped
- 6 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms - sliced
- 1 (5 oz.) package of Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach - chopped
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 10 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light half and half
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 whole grain baguette - cubed
- Butter for greasing
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil and add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and mushrooms and cook until they start to brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Start adding the spinach a little at a time until all cooked down. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, and add in the half and half, both cheeses and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Add in the cooked sausage along with the veggie mixture and combine well.
- Lightly grease (with butter) a 9X12 baking dish. Add half of the bread cubes and then pour over it half the egg mixture. Repeat and make sure all bread is covered. Let it sit for at least 1 hour or overnight. Bake approximately 1 hour in a 375° preheated oven until firm.
- Let casserole rest before cutting.