- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks - cleaned and chopped in 1/2" slices
- 1 (16 oz) container of Olivia's Organics Baby Spinach
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add chopped leeks and cook for a few minutes, until tender and translucent. Begin adding the spinach a little at a time, and continue to sauté until wilted. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Leaks can be very sandy. To clean:
1. trim the leaks by chopping off both the root end and the leafy green top
2. slice the leaks in half longwise and rinse under cold running water to remove loose dirt
3. chop the leeks and place in a bowl of cold water, swishing around to allow remaining dirt to wash out and sink to the bottom
4. scoop the leeks out of the water and drain well