- 3 cups water
- 1 cup polenta (cornmeal)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8oz mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese)
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (11oz) package of Olivia’s Organics Baby Kale or Power Blend
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce – heated (optional)
- salt to taste
- Place water in heavy bottomed pot and bring to a boil. Gradually sift in polenta, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Reduce heat to medium and continue stirring as polenta thickens, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in butter and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture firms and begins to pull away from the sides of the pot. Add mascarpone cheese and 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, stirring until well incorporated. Stir in milk, salt and white pepper. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add baby greens, lemon juice and garlic powder, cook, stirring, approximately 2 to 3 minutes (do not overcook). Season with salt to taste and remove from heat.
- To serve, place the polenta on a large serving dish and arrange the greens over the top. If desired, top the greens with warm marinara sauce. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese over the top.