- 1/2 package Olivia’s Organics Butternut Squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion – diced small
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the butternut squash into one inch cubes. Place on a sheet pan and toss with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for approximately 20-25 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat chicken stock in a pan and keep warm on the stove.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook while stirring for 2 minutes. Add the wine and continue cooking and stirring over medium heat until the wine is absorbed.
- Add in 1 ladle of warm chicken broth and continue stirring. Continue to stir often, adding another ladle of broth as the liquid absorbs. Continue stirring until all the broth is used and absorbed and the rice is creamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in roasted squash and Parmesan cheese. Top with additional grated cheese. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper as needed.