- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus additional for drizzling
- 1/2 red bell pepper - chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper - chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper - chopped
- 3 cups Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil - chopped
- 2 scallions - chopped (mostly green part)
- In a saucepan, add the quinoa, water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, or follow package directions.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil, add the peppers and sauté for 7 to 10 minutes over medium heat. Add the spinach and continue to cook until wilted. Add the chickpeas, season well with salt and pepper and continue to cook another 2 minutes.
- Combine the sautéed veggies with the cooked quinoa. Top with basil and scallions, and then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.