- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 sweet onion - chopped
- 1 package Olivia’s Organics Trimmed Leeks - thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 pounds russet potatoes - cut into 2-inch chunks
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup half and half
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the onion and leeks. Sauté approximately 5 minutes until softened, without letting the leeks brown.
- Add rosemary, thyme, potatoes, broth, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion (stick) blender, blend soup to desired consistency (smooth or chunky). Stir in the half and half and serve.