- 1 Olivia’s Organics Leek (half of a 6 ounce package) - chopped
- 2 tablespoons (plus additional for frying) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Idaho potatoes - peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives - diced
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Sauté the leeks for a few minutes until they begin to brown. Set aside to slightly cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooled leeks and all remaining ingredients. Combine batter well.
- Heat olive oil in the same pan. Once the oil is hot, drop a large spoonful of batter (about 2 tablespoons) into the pan for each fritter. Slightly flatten (like a small pancake) and cook a couple of minutes on each side until golden and browned. Set on paper towels to drain excess oil.