- 1 packed cup fresh basil
- 1 packed cup Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper - diced
- 1 small onion - diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 handful Olivia’s spinach
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 4 burger rolls
- Make the pesto: In a blender, add the basil, spinach and pine nuts. Pulse a few times to combine. Add the garlic, salt and pepper and blend. Slowly drizzle in the 1/2 cup of olive oil while the blender runs on low until well combined. Remove pesto to a bowl, stir in cheese and set aside. Tip - add leftover pesto to cooked pasta and veggies for a quick and easy meal
- Heat 2 tbs of olive oil in a sauté pan. Add the red pepper and onion, and sauté for approximately 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cooled red pepper and onions. Shape into 4 burgers and cook on either a grill pan or sauté pan. Just before the burgers are cooked, top with a slice of cheese. Cook until turkey burgers are cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Serve the turkey burgers on rolls topped with pesto and fresh spinach.