- 1lb orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk (more as needed)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese - grated
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach - chopped
- Cook orzo according to package directions, keeping it firm.
- In a separate pot, melt butter and whisk in flour until well combined. Slowly whisk in milk and continue whisking until mixture begins to thicken. Stir in the seasonings. (stir in a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes if desired).
- Remove sauce from heat, add in both cheeses and stir until melted. Add in the cooked orzo and spinach and mix until well combined.