- 1 (5 oz.) package of Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach
- 1 box manicotti shells (14)
- 15 oz. container ricotta - part skim
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper - to taste
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 and ¾ cups whole milk
- 1 cup Gorgonzola cheese - crumbled
- Handful fresh basil - torn into small pieces
- In a large pot of boiling water, add the spinach and cook for a couple minutes until wilted. Remove spinach and when cool enough to handle, place in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out all the liquid. Set aside.
- Bring the same pot of water back up to a rolling boil, season with salt and cook manicotti according to package directions. Drain and set manicotti shells on a sheet pan, not touching.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, eggs, mozzarella, Parmesan, cooled spinach, salt and pepper.
- Using a small spoon, stuff the filling into the manicotti shells, making sure you fill all the way into the middle of the shell.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour until slightly browned. Whisk in the milk, season with salt and pepper, and continue stirring until sauce begins to thicken. Lower the heat and add the Gorgonzola and continue stirring until melted and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Place a small amount of cream sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish and lay in the stuffed manicotti, single layer. Top with the rest of the cream sauce and fresh basil and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.