- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter - cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup light buttermilk
- 1 egg – lightly beaten
- 2 packed cups Olivia's Organics Baby Kale - chopped small
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together both flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Add the cold butter and mix together using a pastry cutter or using your fingers until blended.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the olive oil), mixing until just combined. Place the dough onto a floured surface and pat or lightly knead into a ½" disk. Cut the disk into 8 wedges/slices (like a pie).
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly drizzle scones with extra virgin olive oil and bake for 15-17 minutes until golden on bottom.