- 1 pound carrots - peeled and sliced into 3 or 4 inch-long pieces
- 1 + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 (5oz.) Olivia's Organics Baby Kale
- 4 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Lay out puff pastry on a floured surface and slightly roll out. Score around the edges about a half inch, and using a fork, prick all around the surface. That will keep the puff pastry from being too thick. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- While pastry bakes, heat a sauté pan with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the kale and season with salt and pepper, and cook until wilted.
- Arrange the kale, roasted carrots and cheese on the puff pastry. Return to oven just until the cheese melts. Cut into squares and serve.