- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage - chopped
- 4 cups Olivia’s Organics Butternut Squash - diced
- 2 apples - chopped (I used gala)
- Salt & pepper - to taste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Optional - chopped sage and bacon crumbles for topping
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté. Add olive oil and when hot, add onion, garlic, ginger and sage. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes. Stir in the butternut squash and apple, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, close lid and change setting to pressure cook for 8 minutes. After the 8 minutes is up, let the pressure release on its own (natural release).
- Once pressure is released, open the lid and stir in the half and half.
- Use an immersion blender to puree, or carefully blend the soup in a blender until smooth.
- Top with chopped sage and bacon crumbles just before serving.