- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 1 clove garlic - sliced
- 4 cups organic, low salt chicken broth (can substitute vegetable broth)
- 1 (10oz) package of Olivia’s Organics Celery Heart - chopped
- 1 medium potato (any type will work) - peeled and diced
- 1 (11oz) package of Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking for an additional minute. Add the chicken broth, celery and potato, and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lower heat and simmer soup covered for 30 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the simmering soup and stir to combine. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Using a blender, puree soup (when a safe temperature to handle) in batches until smooth. Once blended, stir in nutmeg and chill to serve.