- 2 tablespoons corn meal
- 1 pound of pizza dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded chicken - rotisserie works great
- 1 cup Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach - chopped
- 1 cup taco blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce - divided
- 1 egg - whisked
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place silicone sheet or parchment paper on a sheet pan and sprinkle with corn meal (to prevent sticking).
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, spinach, shredded cheese and half of the marinara sauce. Set aside.
- Sprinkle a little flour on a clean counter and roll out the dough thin. Using a 5 inch round cutter, cut out 12 rounds.
- Arrange dough rounds on the prepared sheet pan and place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the chicken spinach mixture in the middle of each round. Fold the dough in half to make half-moons. Using a fork, crimp all around the edges of each to secure and seal in the contents.
- Brush the pockets with egg and sprinkle on the cheese and seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes or until dough is lightly browned. Serve with marinara sauce on the side for dipping.