- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast – thick cut
- 1 (5 oz) package of Olivia's Organics Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 whole clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage - chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary - chopped
- Split the whole chicken breast by cutting along the connecting seam into two halves. Cut each half in half, leaving you with 4 sections. Cover the chicken with Saran Wrap or waxed paper and pound each piece until thin.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and add the spinach, cooking just until wilted. Remove spinach to a bowl filled with cold water and ice. Once cooled, drain, squeeze out water and set aside.
- Lay out the 4 pieces of chicken, smooth side down. Top with spinach, cheese and season with salt and pepper. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat butter and oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat and cook chicken until browned on each side. Lower heat to a simmer, add the wine, garlic and fresh herbs. Cover and simmer for approximately 5 to 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, remove the toothpicks and garlic. Plate the chicken and top with the pan sauce.