- 4 Bell Peppers, any color
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot - diced
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 cup Olivia's Organics Butternut Squash – diced small
- 2 handfuls Olivia's Organics Baby Spinach - chopped
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 2 cups cooked wild rice (can substitute brown rice)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast optional (can substitute with Parmesan cheese)
- Prepare the peppers - wash, cut the tops off, and clean out the insides (remove seeds and ribs). Discard the stems from the tops, dice the tops small and set aside to add to the stuffing. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the Peppers and cook approximately 5 minutes until tender. Drain and place in a buttered baking pan/casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil and add the shallot, garlic, diced pepper tops and diced butternut squash. Sauté for approximately 8 minutes or until the squash is tender. Stir in the chopped spinach, season with salt and pepper and stir until wilted. Remove from heat and mix in the wild rice and nutritional yeast.
- Fill the peppers with the vegetable and rice mixture and bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.