- 1 (20oz) package of Olivia's Organics Butternut Squash – cut into 1 inch dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thick slices bacon
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2 garlic cloves - diced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 (5oz) package of Olivia's Organics Baby Kale
- 1 pound of pasta of your choice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place squash on a sheet pan and toss with olive oil and a 1/2 teaspoon salt and a 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes. You want them a little crunchy for texture.
- In a very large sauté pan, add the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove and place on a paper towel to drain. Crumble when cool.
- Using the same pan, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Add in the kale and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add it to the sauté pan with the kale. Stir in the bacon and the butternut squash. Stir in the cheese and serve.
- Top with additional cheese once served.