- 1 ½ cups Olivia's Organics Butternut Squash - cubed
- 1 + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Pecorino cheese - grated, plus more for plating
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces buccatini pasta (or spagetti or thin linquini)
- 1/2 cup sweet onion - diced
- 4 ounces pancetta - diced
- 2 tablespoons sage - freshly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place butternut squash on a sheet pan, coat with 1 tbs of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool and then purée in blender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, cheese and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tbs of olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook the onion for a few minutes. Add the pancetta and cook until lightly browned. Add the sage and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauté pan with the onion and pancetta. Stir in the butternut squash puree and a little of the hot pasta water. Remove pan from heat and stir in the egg mixture, adding additional pasta water as needed until blended.
- Top with additional cheese if desired and serve.