- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (plus extra to butter the casserole)
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 (8oz) package sliced Portobello mushrooms - chopped
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (11oz) package of Olivia’s Organics Baby Spinach
- 2 cups cooked organic brown rice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large sauté pan, melt the butter and add the onion. Cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, cook an additional minute. Add in the spinach and cook until wilted. Set aside to slightly cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together rice, eggs, milk and mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine rice mixture with the spinach mixture and place in a buttered 8x8 casserole dish. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.