- 1 - 4lb. center-cut boneless pork loin roast
- 5 tablespoons olive oil – divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 3 shallots – sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 (11oz) package of Olivia’s Organics Baby Kale
- ¼ lb. prosciutto - sliced
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons rosemary – fresh chopped
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place pork fat side down and with a sharp knife, slice 3/4 of the way through and open flat. Cover pork with a sheet of plastic wrap and pound to an inch thick.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and butter in a large sauté pan. Add shallots, garlic and mushrooms, and cook, stirring frequently for 7 minutes. Add the baby kale, lightly season with salt and pepper to taste, and continue to cook, stirring another 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Spread mushroom and greens mixture over entire surface of pork. Top with prosciutto slices and roll the pork loin jelly-roll style. With kitchen string, tie the pork roll in sections to secure shape. Brush pork with olive oil, and season all sides with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- In same sauté pan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil and brown the pork roll on all sides over high heat. Transfer pork to roasting pan and place in 450 degree oven for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 and cook pork for an additional 40-45 minutes or until the thermometer inserted registers 155 degrees. Transfer to a platter, cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Sauce: Deglaze roasting pan by adding chicken broth to pan and boiling over high heat, stirring and scraping up brown bits for 1 minute. Mix together water and cornstarch and stir into hot broth. While whisking constantly, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in butter.